“It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.” ~Joseph Campbell
“Hearts live by being wounded.” – Oscar Wilde
“Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart do not know how to laugh either.” – Golda Meir
“To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose is the next best.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
The more you have loved and have allowed yourself to suffer because of your love, the more you will be able to let your heart grow wider and deeper. When your love is truly giving and receiving, those whom you love will not leave your heart even when they depart from you. The pain of rejection, absence, and death can become fruitful. Yes, as you love deeply the ground of your heart will be broken more and more, but you will rejoice in the abundance of the fruit it will bear.Henri Nouwen
In March a a group of my students conducted a research survey related to women
empowerment and inspiration. I sent a random mail to Mobile Measures of Shanghai, primarily because their website said they were obsessed with mobile focused market research to the point of obsession. the experienece has been a very happy one.
1. They helped my students run the survey through a week
2. Students had to download an app to run the survey and their hand was held through the process.
3. Once the survey had been conducted, the results were analysed by the firm
4. then the students were encouraged to draw up a presentation, sharing their insights.
5. Not once during the process or after it have the company tried to sell or promote their product. it was a genuine act of helping out in trying to educate this generation of young people in digital literacy.
This blog is just my way of saying Thank You. You can check them out at http://www.mobile-measure.com/default.htm
Saw Atul Kumar in the play yesterday at Bharat Bhavan. My God what an actor.
He mesmerised, scolded, teased and pulverised us and we sat like meek lamb
soaking it up because we just didn’t want him to leave the stage. At the end a standing ovation.
Disturbing, very alive, dynamic performance. Something I want to see again almost immediately
to figure out how it gripped us so strongly.
“We grow too soon old and too late smart”
Dutch Proverb quote
Helen Mirren uses it…presumably. Its Ninetendo’s WiiFit